Flanker Press is a book publishing company located in Paradise, Newfoundland and Labrador. As the province’s most active publisher of trade books, the company averages 20 new titles per year, with a heavy emphasis on regional non-fiction and historical fiction.
Flanker Press is looking for a dedicated candidate to fill a sales representative position. This is a full-time (35 hours/week) temporary (maternity leave replacement) position with some overtime required. The start date is July 10, 2017, and the expected termination date is April 13, 2018. The salary is $16/hour.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and organizational skills, and have experience in sales.
The sales representative position is an in-house sales position that involves working with individual customers as well as stores and distributors that carry Flanker Press titles. The sales representative works closely with the marketing and publicity coordinator to promote and sell Flanker Press titles and with the shipper/receiver to ensure that orders are processed quickly and efficiently. The position also involves organizing and attending book signings, both during the work week and on week nights and weekends as needed, and updating the Flanker Press website.
– Field general customer and author inquiries
– Process orders and payments
– Liaise with stores about newly released books and inventory
– Meet with authors to create sales plans for new releases
– Schedule and attend book signings, including set up and tear down when required
– Manage and update the Flanker Press website
– Create and send company mailings
– Post-secondary education (publishing diploma an asset)
– Experience in sales (bookselling experience an asset)
– Demonstrated computer proficiency, obtained either through education or previous work experience, including a thorough knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite, WordPress or comparable web software, and MailChimp or comparable email marketing service
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Great interpersonal skills
– Strong organizational and time-management skills, ability to multi-task and juggle several projects at once
– Good eye for detail
– Knowledge of and experience in the Canadian publishing industry an asset
– A valid driver’s licence and access to own vehicle
Interested candidates should email email@example.com by June 14, 2017, with a cover letter and resume attached as a PDF. The subject line of the email should be: Sales Representative, followed by your first and last name.
Flanker Press thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.