Goose Lane Editions is looking for a multi-tasking dynamo to manage publicity at Goose Lane Editions. The work is demanding. That’s why we’re seeking a publicity manager who is well read and well organized, can set priorities and work independently, understands traditional and social media, and loves to talk about books and ideas and engage others in the conversation. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of initiative, enjoy the challenges and rewards of working with a fast-paced, creative team, and yes, have a life outside of work. That, too, is important to us.
General Responsibilities include
- Developing, implementing, and managing the budget for publicity and promotion for each season, including e-marketing and traditional promotion strategies and campaigns, while bringing fresh and innovative ideas to the table.
- Orchestrating all publicity/promotion/marketing activity, including media, both traditional and digital, trade shows, author tours, advertising, catalogue distribution, award submissions, and so on.
- Creating press kits and news releases, managing review copy distribution, and securing reviews, interviews, and other coverage in print and broadcast media.
- Writing smart, strong, and inspirational marketing copy for our print and digital content, including newsletters, catalogs, tip sheets, and other promotional materials to support our sales efforts.
- Planning and executing multi-city book promotion tours.
- Planning and executing social media campaigns across a wide range of social media channels.
- Using our resources and tools (website, catalogs, databases, etc.) to their full potential.
- Maintaining our website’s blog and event calendar, the Goose Lane twitter feed and Facebook page, and other online tools and keeping the content current.
- Communicating with sales reps and the management team regularly on publicity/marketing campaigns.
- Supervising an intern and working effectively with administrative staff on delegated responsibilities.
Candidates should have an undergraduate degree, 2-3 years of experience in media relations, preferably in book publishing, and an established network of media contacts. We’re also looking for someone with a strong interest in literature, art, currents affairs and written culture; a good understanding of social media; strong verbal and written communication skills; outstanding time management skills; an understanding of MS Office applications; and experience in event planning. Oh, and did we mention that some travel will be required. For a more complete job description, visit our website at www.gooselane.com
Salary commensurate with experience. Goose Lane also offers a comprehensive cost-shared health care/insurance package and a collaborative work environment.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the growing team at Goose Lane, send your résumé and a cover letter describing the campaigns you have worked on to:
Goose Lane Editions
Applications will be accepted until June 16, 2017. Interviews will be held in Fredericton and Toronto in June.